Funny story: the dog was walking in the golf field and an incredible thing happened, which showed an x-ray
The dog needed urgent veterinary care and golf balls were to blame.
A 50-year-old resident of Newcastle, Great Britain, was not jokingly scared for his dog. His four-legged giant schnauzer, who was named Alfie, needed urgent veterinary care. Golf balls are to blame for this.
Neil Taylor is the owner of Alfie, who let his dog run around the golf course near their home. It simply became empty due to the pandemic, so it became an ideal place for a playful dog.
It turned out that Alfie not only has fun, but also eats golf balls left on the field with pleasure, which his owner did not suspect!
The consequences of using golf balls did not appear immediately. Alfie calmed down very noticeably at first, then he even lost consciousness, and after that he threw up four balls in total. The owner was horrified when he saw that Alfie was in the stomach all this time! So worried about his pet’s well-being, Neil decided to take him to the vet.
That’s what X-ray showed.
Golf balls turned out to be similar to sugar cubes, so he managed to eat 26 pieces during the walk!
Of course, the dog urgently needed an operation! Surgeons managed to extract absolutely all partners.
Here are photos of some of them.
Golf balls weigh only 46 grams, but Alfie carried more than a kilogram of these things, considering their quantity!
Operation Alfie cost 2.5 thousand pounds sterling. Part of this sum was covered by insurance, but Neil still had to pay a thousand pounds.
Alfie is worth every penny! “I always say that he is like my son”, the owner of the dog mentions.
Now Alfie feels great, although he will have to wear a muzzle in order to wean himself from the habit of grabbing unknown objects from the floor. But it is clear that with such a good host, he will definitely be safe!